Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Thin Line (between Love and Hate)

Fuck you.
I hate you.
I fucking hate you.
Why do you do this to me?
You’re fucking killing me.
You’re eating me up inside.

I love you.
Why do I love you?
Why can’t I keep you out
Like everyone else?
I hate loving you.

But I could love
no one else but you.
If I didn’t love you,
I don’t know
what I’d do
or who I’d be.

I’d be a mirror,
an ever-changing mask
covering up...
absolutely nothing.

I didn’t...
I couldn’t
allow myself
to accept myself
into my life
until you.

If I didn’t have you,
I would never have stopped
Falling.
No matter how old
I live to be,
love
could never have saved me
if I didn’t have you.

I didn’t know love
until I knew you.
I thought that I did,
but,
I had just
recently met love.
I hadn’t yet recognized
you
for who,
and what,
you were.

Love.

No comments: